Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Willingness

I'm struggling with willingness.

I was at work for 4.5 hours today and the whole time I wanted to be done. After that I had a dental appointment, following a short stop at home for lunch. The x-rays were difficult and long; I had a hard time staying in the chair and not bolting.

After I complete a task where I need to use willingness, that is, telling myself I can/will get through the situation, I can tolerate it, I feel like I have had a major accomplishment. I feel good that I worked. I feel good that my teeth are clean and I have no cavities. But I have ants in my pants making these things happen.

I could call today's events a success in that I stuck with it. I worked. I did not run out of the dental chair. But I feel that I need to be able to use the skill of willingness without so much suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment