Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

What skills did I use today/

  1. Wise mind- Not so sure about this. My emotion mind is telling me some horribly negative things right now, but I am using my rational mind and, as Brian would say, "not making things worse."
  2. Participate- I was fully engaged with being at work, even though I was late.
  3. One-mindfully- I had to take Ludmilla to the vet this morning (hence the late for work thing) and they left us in the exam room for a long time. I tried breathing in slowing and exhaling even more slowly to curb the anxiety I had about waiting. I also held her to stave off the anxiety she had about being at the vet.
  4. Effectiveness- I got out of bed and did stuff today, something I had not done for the past two days. I knew Ludmilla needed medical attention and I took care of making the appointment first thing and then called work to let them know my ETA.
  5. Attend to relationships- When I got to work I checked in with my coworkers on the workflow and apologized for the inconvenience.
  6. Opposite-to-emotion action- Getting out of bed.
  7. Problem solving- Getting Ludmilla to the vet. Also, when I was at work I suddenly lost all the hearing in my left ear. I immediately called the hearing aid guy-- something I've been dragging my feet about-- and have an appointment for tomorrow after work.
  8. Pros and Cons- I considered the pros and cons of getting out of bed and taking care of business.
  9. Radical acceptance- I had to accept that I was stuck at work even though my cat was ready to be picked up from the vet's. (They had to keep her a while to get a urine sample.)
  10. Willingness- It took willingness to be on my feet shelving books most of the day when I am having medical problems beyond the hearing loss. I need to schedule a gyno appointment but don't have one and need to find out who is on my insurance panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment