Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

What skills did I use today?

  1. Wise mind- I don't know if I was in wise mind today. I had a lot of resistance to going to work, but once I got there I got in the groove.
  2. Participate- I had to do a 2-hour grunt work project and I got so into it the time just flew by.
  3. One-mindfully- See #2.
  4. Effectiveness- See #2.
  5. Figure out interpersonal goals- I told the manager that I want something sweet and vegan when I come to work next Friday. Why yes, I do have a lot of nerve. (Next Friday is my birthday.)
  6. Opposite-to-emotion action- I got out of bed. I made coffee. I took a shower. I made a lunch. I got in the car and drove to work. On and freakin' on it went...
  7. Mindfulness of current emotion- I am aware of my current pissiness.
  8. Radical acceptance- At 4:30 I had to accept that I was going to be at work for another hour and a half.
  9. Willingness- I did the grunt work project quickly and with no complaints.
  10. Mindful of current thoughts- Working on this. I have a lot of justified guilt for things that I am doing and don't have a plan to address the situation. This translates into a low-grade bad feeling that is always with me, even when I am not in the dynamic that is causing the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment