Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What skills did I use today?

  1. Wise mind- I think I had a fairly wise mind kind of day. I was aware of my emotions and had rational thoughts to contextualize them. (I'm tired and don't want to be here. Of course I'm tired, I was up for 3 hours in the middle of the night and had very interrupted sleep.) I told myself I could make it through the commitments I had made and I did. I feel good about that.
  2. Effectiveness- I had to pull this out to get through my shift at work. Do I want to do this task? No. Is doing this task effective? Yes.
  3. Figure out interpersonal goals- I want to adopt a more professional demeanor at work.
  4. Opposite-to-emotion action- I kept a dentist appointment despite feeling tired and anxious. I wanted to freak out and yell when the dental hygienist talked baby talk to me but I held my tongue.
  5. Problem solving- I spoke with my supervisor despite my apprehension in doing so and there was no feedback, negative or otherwise, forthcoming.
  6. Pros and Cons- I considered the pros and cons of going to the dentist.
  7. Distract/self-soothe/improve the moment- I watched some Nip/Tuck. Those people have problems.
  8. Willingness- I'm working on this. I need to spend a fair amount of time at work this month and I feel resistant to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment