Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

What skills did I use today?

  1. Wise mind
  2. Participate
  3. Non-judgmental stance
  4. One-mindfully
  5. Effectiveness
  6. Opposite-to-emotion action
  7. Problem solving
  8. Radical acceptance
  9. Willingness
  10. Mindful of current thoughts
These skills all had to do with going to work and being there for 8 hours today. I was dragging when I got out of bed and made coffee then took a shower in the hopes that I'd been feeling more motivated. By the time I got to work I was ready to go!

I did a ton of grunt work and there were a lot of times during the day where I was internally negotiating with the clock (20 minutes until my break, 40 minutes until lunch). I did accept that I had to be there and could not attend to personal business; I have to wait until the morning to get on the phone.

I feel good about getting through a full day and giving my best. I had to use a lot of skills to get through the day, but I did it and that makes me feel like I can get through the rest of the week. I've got stuff scheduled all week and I'm absurdly busy given my usual schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment