Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

What Skills Did I Use Today?


  • Wise mind- I had a balanced perspective on sitting in the waiting room while my car was being serviced. I was upset because I would have rather been in bed, but I knew that I would feel peace of mind having the work done and that tolerating the distress was going to have a payoff. Their wifi was down and I couldn't even attend to business such as updating my Quicken.
  • Effectiveness- It was effective of me to get up and keep my appointments today.
  • Figure out interpersonal goals- I met with tdoc and discussed what I want out of DBT.
  • Opposite-to-emotion action- Lots of this today. All I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep but I stayed awake all day, did my errands, went to DBT, and am doing this post.
  • Pros and Cons- I considered the pros and cons of not going to DBT.
  • Willingness- Still struggling with this one. I'm having a lot of resistance to doing things I don't feel like doing.
  • Mindful of current thoughts- Had to do this in order to post all of the above.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment