Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

What skills did I use today?


  • Wise mind- In spades.
  • Participate- Fully participated in the act of being at work.
  • One-mindfully- When shelving all that non-fiction.
  • Effectiveness- When shelving that non-fiction
  • Figure out interpersonal goals- Gave my coworkers a heads-up that I will be there on my birthday and I want a fuss.
  • DEAR (describe, express, assert, reinforce)- Let the supervisor know that not being exposed to loud noises is a disability issue. Turns out she didn't remember that I have a hearing problem and I let her know this is important for her to be aware of because we may have interactions where I appear rude/inattentive when I am not.
  • Attend to relationships- See above. Also, I directly told the branch supervisor that instead of/in addition to telling me she is happy with my work, she should tell my boss. He met with her today and she did that.
  • Opposite-to-emotion action- I did not want to shelve all that non-fiction.
  • Problem solving- I managed the workflow, making sure no area got too backed up.
  • Accumulate positives- Working 8 hours makes me feel good about the money I earned.
  • Willingness- I used willingness to shelve the non-fiction.
  • Mindful of current thoughts- I was aware of being irritated when I found out that the coworker who was scheduled to come in in the afternoon called in sick. I did not "get in the boat" of this emotion.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment