Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

What skills did I use today?

  1. Wise mind- Emotionally I did not want to get up and get going, but I knew I had a commitment to work and I made it there on time.
  2. Observe- At the end of lunch I felt anxious and ill; I sat and noticed these experiences.
  3. Participate- I participated in shelving books.
  4. One-mindfully- There was so much shelving and I had to focus on one book at a time.
  5. Effectiveness- Going to work, making future commitments to work, letting the supervisor know the status of te workflow.
  6. Opposite-to-emotion action- Getting in the shower.
  7. Problem solving- I had to solve some problems related to "too many books": shifting those on the shelf, consolidating those on carts, shelving holds.
  8. Pros and Cons- The perennial pros and cons of going to work.
  9. Radical acceptance- I was asked to do an unpleasant and difficult task and I accepted that I was doing it.
  10. Willingness- I had a willing attitude toward all the things I was asked to do at work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment