Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

What skills did I use yesterday?

  1. Wise mind
  2. Observe
  3. Describe
  4. Participate
  5. Non-judgmental stance
  6. One-mindfully
  7. Effectiveness
  8. Distract/self-soothe/improve the moment
  9. Willingness
  10. Mindful of current thoughts
I've been fighting this nasty cold all week and yesterday was my regroup day. I met with HR in the morning to talk about disability issues related to my hearing loss, and that went really well. We decided that I can turn off the music at work if I want to and that all the supervisors will be given a heads up on this. I dressed nice for the meeting and I think that improved my mood for the day.

Then I decided to tidy up the house, get some stuff done that's been lagging all week: laundry, vacuum, dishes, make the bed. And I put laundry in, then went out for errands thinking I'd turn it over when I got home. (This worked.) I hit the pharmacy, the library, the grocery store. When I brought the groceries home I was attentive to just putting the groceries away, just being in the moment and doing that one thing. This was made easier by the fact that the kitchen was clean and there were no distractions on the kitchen counter. Very one-mindfully.

At times in the afternoon I felt not well and wanted to give in to that feeling, let it rule the day, but I worked on ways to solve the problems. I changed into yoga clothes to be more comfortable so I could do some stretching and work on some physical discomfort. I took a Benadryl and laid down with the cats on the bed and accepted that in that moment I was doing nothing but being there, not judging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment