Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Text of email I am using to let people know about my hearing loss

I have experienced a hearing loss. This issue has been in flux and I was not certain what my final functionality would be, and what type of support I would need to ask for in order to be successful at my job. At this point I feel the disability has stabilized and I have worked with Johnette in HR to develop a plan:

I may refer patrons to other staff because I can't understand the question the patron is asking.

I may repeat back what staff is saying to me to ensure that I understand what is being said.

I have a difficult time hearing speech with music in the background, so if there could be no ambient music played while I am working in the back that would be much appreciated.

I need to avoid loud sounds and may work in a different area if there is a screaming baby.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support. I am trying my hardest to perform as well as I can given the limitations of my hearing loss. Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment