Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Just Caught a Burglar- Maybe

The jet-ski shop across the street is closed on Mondays, so there is no foot traffic in my dead end today.

When I left to go run errands my two neighbors with cars were both home; when I got home they were both gone. Neighbor #3 doesn't drive but works a regular 9-5 job and I know he's gone today. So when I got home I knew the house was empty.

There was a stranger on the walk in front of the house. I thought maybe the landlady sent him to do yard work. She always sends "a guy" so I never know what to expect. When the guy saw me getting out of my car with groceries he took off, but not running, down the street. When he got to the intersection he looked back to check on me.

I think he was casing the house for a future break-in or he was about to break in when I came home and interrupted him.

I didn't yell, I didn't assume, but right now I feel very anxious. I've been robbed here before and right now this doesn't feel like a good place to be.

Not sure what skills to use other than distress tolerance and getting through the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment