Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Anxiety Attack

About 10 minutes ago I was sitting on the floor brushing Sabrina. I gave her a bath before I went to work, so she had time to dry off before the brushing. As I was sitting there, with her rubbing up against me, I had anxiety that manifested in the "am I having a heart attack?" variety.

The tightness in my chest would be best described as crippling discomfort. I was on the edge, trying to decide if I should call 911. Then I decided to try and sit and quietly notice the pain while I did some deep breathing.

Breathe in.

I notice a pain in my chest.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

I notice a feeling of nausea.

Breathe out.

Looks like I got past it; but I'm not sure why brushing the cat would trigger me to such extreme anxiety that I thought I was going to die on the floor and the cats would eat my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment