Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Road Trips Pics: A Dreaded Sunny Day, So I'll Meet You at the Cemetery Gates



Stopped at the Columbia Community Cemetery between Scapposse and St. Helens on Hwy 30 today. Even though I worked for a while at a modern cemetery, my job was in the funeral home and I didn't spend time walking the grounds. This was my first foray into the modern style of remembrance; I knew these things were out there but I didn't realize how standard they'd become. The first stone I saw when I got out of the car celebrates the deceased's love of the game:

Here's a modest nod to the biker:

Everyone has a hobby, or so it seems:

This one really got to me. I actually cried. My personal life is far removed from the folks who serve in the military, so I don't know people who have been to the war(s). And he was so much younger than me. It's just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment