Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What skills did I use today?

I had an interaction that could be taken as a slight-- it was employee appreciation day and the question was whether we should have food today or on Wednesday. Given the fact that I was working today, but not tomorrow, I voiced my enthusiasm for today. The response from the supervisor was "I wanted to hear from the regular staff".

I sub at this location all the time and felt like it was regular staff who were supposed to be appreciated-- not subs. She was really putting me in my place. You aren't really a member of this family is the message I got. These are not really your coworkers.

I tried not to ruminate and did my best to just focus on being an effective employee.

I also passed on a compliment that a patron told me about another staff member.

Sure there are some skills in there somewhere. Late in the day I was really feeling the stress monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment