Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What skills did I use to Tuesday?




  1. Wise mind- The debate rages on as to if Tuesday was wise-minded or not. I was late for work (45 minutes!) and didn't stay to make up the time. I left instead to go see my parents at the mausoleum.
  2. Participate- I cried in the parking lot at the mausoleum. This was a real "participate" moment.
  3. Figure out interpersonal goals- I told the supervisor that I understood I had a commitment to my job and that the worst thing that could happen would be for her to think poorly of me. She let me go to take care of my parents' grave.
  4. Attend to relationships- See above.
  5. Accumulate positives- Well. I did work for a little while. I took care of my duty to take my parents flowers.
  6. Build mastery- Not so much. A wee bit.
  7. Mindfulness of current emotion- I was so aware of my emotions. I cried all day: at work, at the mausoleum, in the car, at home.
  8. Distract/self-soothe/improve the moment- I went to the library to pick up a CD that I thought would be soothing.
  9. Willingness- I did not use this skill today. I did my work begrudgingly and resent the fact that my coworkers seem intent on micromanaging my time as opposed to letting me use my best judgement. I am inclined not to return to this location.
  10. Mindful of current thoughts- I was a ware of my resentment and how it manifested in negative thoughts about my coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment