Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

What skills should I have used today?

I called in sick because my right shoulder is totally out of whack. But I went back to bed and was up and down-- mostly down-- all day until about 6. These are the skills that would have been helpful:
  1. Wise mind- Acknowledging my emotions, but being reasonable about why I was having them. I felt ashamed for staying in bed all day. Reason mind says I needed the rest.
  2. Non-judgmental stance- I judged myself for missing work.
  3. One-mindfully- I could have (and tried to some extent) to just be OK with reading and accept that in that moment that was my reality.
  4. Effectiveness- Getting out of bed earlier would have led to less negative feelings abut myself.
  5. Accumulate positives- This didn't happen.
  6. Build mastery- Nope.
  7. PLEASE (tend to physical ills, eating, avoid drugs, sleep, exercise)- I guess I did this, in that I slept when my body said it needed to.
  8. Radical acceptance- Didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment