Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What skills did I use on Monday?

I went to work and pulled a full shift. So there was some opposite to emotion action going there.

Unfortunately, my coworker was a sub who moves sooooo slow and I had to explain basic aspects of the job to him. He didn't do anything proactively and I had to make sure he accomplished his assigned tasks according to the schedule. While this was going on I felt angry that I have to be the better person--- he has been in the system just as long as me, if not longer-- but I also recognized that this was a time that I needed a skill. I never identified a specific skill, but I did refrain from yelling at him or expressing my anger in an unhealthy way. I guess I used the skill of being effective. It is not fair that this dynamic exists, but it does, so I will babysit him and make sure the work gets done right. Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment